Why is UL Listing Important?
UL stands for Underwriters Laboratories Inc., which is an independent product safety certification organization established in Chicago in 1894. UL provides certification and follow-up services to manufacturers that are easily identifiable by consumers.
UL is a name you can trust! Consumers can be confident that their seal of approval is not a superficial sales ploy because Underwriters Laboratories is a third-party, not-for-profit organization with no financial interest in the products they evaluate.
The following principles drive every decision we make at UL:
1. Promoting safe living and working environments by the application of safety science and hazard-based safety engineering
2. Supporting the production and use of products which are physically and environmentally safe and to apply our efforts to prevent or reduce loss of life and property
3. Advancing safety science through research and investigation
4. Concentrating our efforts and resources on public safety in those areas where we can make valuable contributions
5. Working with integrity and a focus on quality to enhance the trust conveyed by our certification marks and services
6. Charging fair prices that allow us to meet our obligations, sustain our growth, and invest in safety science and education
7. Investing in our people and encourage our people to invest in themselves
PCB, as the most important component in every electronic product, its safty determines if the whole product is safe or not. So next time, remember purchasing printed circuit boards from those manufactures who have passed UL certificate and always adhere to UL standards.